Friday 10 June 2022

CLEARING THE BOX AND MAKING DECISIONS

 


So, we have cut back all the box revealing the pots of spring tulips and summer Canna's.



Still have to remove the box cutting and then dig up the roots but it's coming along.

Now we have worked on what we want to do in this new space. We have decided to add a raised pond/water feature.


So. we have been looking for what style we want to add to the area


We have to decide on how big or small we want it to be.



Should we have a statue with water streaming down?



or a lower basin shape with the water flowing over the sides?



or do we put the pond to the side and have a figure head fountain?



If money was no object, I would have this in the centre of my pond but since that's not going to happen, I need to decide just what to use.




I did see this wonderful statue however I'm supposed to be looking for a fountain/water feature not statues! It's a shame that he is not a water feature or I would have him for my pond.

So I will keep you update as we slowly work on the space over the summer/autumn.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry this is late. Need to use my phone to verify it was me trying before and it just wouldn't charge.
    Can photos of all your garden statuary and the one on your wish list. I love your little boy, in particular.
    The garden is full of fascinating new sights round each corner of bend in a path.. I love it, but also feel shamed by my comparative lack of industry and imagination!

    ReplyDelete