Wednesday 10 June 2015

SLOWLY GETTING THERE...

Just in case you thought we were just sitting at home in the evenings watch TV and lazing about I thought I would share a few photo's of what we have achieved over the last few evenings.

We tend to leave a lot of things that need to go to the recycling centre near where we keep the refuse and recycling bins by the side gate. So I have been clearing and sorting out this area because it will be the place that people walk into , to get to the back garden.
I took these photo's late this evening before the sun vanished.


The paving stones still need a clean but it's beginning to come together.


The pots at the very back contain by Auricula's which are not in flower yet.


I have arranged some planters on top of the pile of blocks that we are slowly using up in the garden.


This area by the Fish pond is currently being used for potting up plants, so still to be cleared.


We have placed a few pots by this edge of the gazebo but still some work to do there.


There is still colour on the Wisteria! Will it last ? not to sure as we are due to get heavy down pours and thunder Friday night to Saturday .



Paul cleaning up the box cuttings.


This lovely pink Astrantia has started to flower.


lots of lovely blooms.


Paul's given the box it's Chelsea chop, I think he could have cut off some more but it can wait now until after the visitors.


Will the Strawberries get trampled???


The grass near the raised beds taken a bit of a pounding from having the old bricks etc left on it, will need to rake up the bits of brick and hope it looks a little better by weekend.


I went back out to take this photo after 9 pm so it's a little dark but does show the nice weededand cleared path to the back gate and the Greenhouse.


 This is the old compost area which we have cleaned out and now use for storing the unused pots, compost , sand and wheelbarrow etc.



This is what it looked like on the fifth of June, after we had removed the rotting sides of the compost bins and taken them to the recycling centre. We then sifted through this mess, taking out the old wood, plastic's and other rubbish, filled a very large bag with the remaining compost and earth, then once clear put in the pots, wheelbarrow etc.

I will share a better photo next time. Still a hundred and one little jobs to do, but it looks like we'll be getting Friday night off if the weather forecast is correct !.


*******************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Your garden is getting more fabulous step by step!

    If I had a chance, I would visit your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it would be lovely to have you visit our garden :)

      Delete
  2. I'm now almost in tears as I was just finishing my usual long reply (and thought that I should perhaps save it )when Microscoft , without any prior warning, decided to update itself and so shut down making me lose everything! So starting once again......

    As if we dared think that you were lazily sitting inside watching the TV!?!? Well for starters ,there's been nothing worth watching as it's just been repeats after repeats.

    Superb idea to put those planters on top of the to-be-needed pile of bricks.
    Smart 'after Chelsea' cut to the box hedging in my favourite 'room' of your garden.

    Hope that the forecasted heavy rain and thunder doesn't completely finish off the beautiful Wisteria's blooms as it would bev such a shame for the visitors not to even get a glimpse of those wonderful blooms.....although it will help that part of the lawn that had the pile of bricks on top of it recover better.

    Will Paul manage to get all the paving slabs jet-washed in the time? I have to leave my few here 'til the end of this month until that huge Sycamore Tree at the end of the garden has finished shedding the sticky flower's nectar over everywhere.
    A good tidying up session in the necessary compost and garden equipment areas.

    Good luck with the weekend's weather. Hope that you have loads of visitors to admire all your recent hard work and who will donate generously to your village church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kendal I know how hard it is for you to type it all , it must have been so annoying and distressing. I hate it when that happens but at least it's not so bad for me to retype!

      It's just as well there's nothing worth watching on, I would hate to be missing the good stuff since it's hard to com by these days!

      I was pleased with how the planters make the blocks 'fit' into the garden design!
      The wisteria is a shadow of it's glorious self but still hanging in to show it's presence.

      It's rained all night and all morning, so the pavings been washed by the rain which will save Paul a job but mean we must sweep the who;e garden in the morning before opening time!

      We are number Ten out of the fourteen that are opening,so lets hope some go back to front of they may be too tired to visit us!
      Thank you for taking the time to retype it all again, you are an angel :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I feel worn out just looking at all the work you've been doing!
    It's looking great though, all very worth it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm just worn out! My poor leg's and shoulders don't know what's going on! At least It getting me fitter and making the garden tidier!
      The weather looks to be dry for the day,so it will all soon be over ! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Poor you, Kendal -the same thing happened to me, but mine was short, so not quite so upsetting.
    Dee, you should charge admission to those of us who view this blog! I's an archair huggers version of a trip to a NT property. Love it and am inspired by all the work you and Paul have done - all I;m lacking now is the skills and the energy! J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw That's sweet of you to say Jen. I love being able to share the garden on here. Our garden is just a place for us but it's nice to share it and it's changes with those who may b interested in see it evolve. Dee xx

      Delete