Well having been away and had a lovely rest we have come home full of energy to get things done in the house and garden.
The weathers been lovely so, Paul's been out in the garden, cutting back, taking out and planting up!!
Paul's removed a lot of the geraniums that were taking over this flower bed and moved a rhododendron from another part of the garden where it was not doing so well and put it in the centre back it has lovely lilac flowers. To the side we have put a white anemone , then various other plants in a palette of reds, pinks and white.
This bed he did yesterday, so today he started on the one opposite , which will have a colour palette of Yellow, Orange and red.
this one is still a work in progress but you can see some yellow and orange Helenium waiting to be placed, plus some lovely yellow Crocosmia .
This is the bag of garden waste that we will take to the recycling centre once we have filled it!
This part of the garden Paul cleared some over grown plants from before we went away and the plants are looking much happier with the space now available.
Well I have also been working in the garden, cutting back a lovely big Jasmine that unfortunately was on a fence panel that needs to be replaced. I was hoping to cut it back and move it over once the panel had been replaced but it was so big it was three foot off the fence and had a one foot by 6 foot piece of old trellis that had at some time sat on top of the fence now tangled in the growth!
So it all had to come out!
This is the jasmine !!!
Another view of the pile that we took to the recycling centre!!
We can now get to the fence panel on the left to replace it, we may build a wall where the one on the right is as we are going to take away the little brick outhouse/shed that it touches and build the wall to link it to another wall that stands on the other side.
You can see the outhouse/shed here, we have cut back all the roses and clematis that were growing out of control and standing a good three foot above the roof line! And poor old Neptune was buried under all the stems and leaves. You can see the wall on the right that we want to join to once this building's been removed.It's been surprising how much light is now getting into the french doors that these plants were to the side of! Just goes to show that you do not realise when things are cutting out the light because it happens over several years and is in a place that you would not think would cause loss of light!
We are in complete restyling mood and the Roses and Clematis are going to be removed and got rid of , as we have nowhere else for them in the garden.
I have also removed the rose that for years was between the two French doors sets. It was a beautiful rose but did not stand up well to rain, which would destroy the blooms, plus again it was getting too big for its place growing through the guttering if not kept in check! So it's gone and Paul wants to put a fig in it's place and we are going to move dear old Neptune to this wall so he can see what's going on and have a lovely trailing Sedum for a hat!
So it's all at least happening in the garden! Idea's are coming while we are working and others yet to be discussed, so looks like the garden next year will have a very different look up by the back of the house!!