Saturday 26 August 2023

SOME WALL POTS

 I recently visited my youngest daughter and saw she had not filled two terracotta wall pots that were on the brick wall that forms the boundary between her and the neighbour who lives behind her.

I went to check to see if they'd ever been planted up since she'd moved in a couple of years back and saw that they had not been used at all. So I decided to ask if she liked them and was intending to us them. She said she didn't intend to use them, she felt they were too heavy for the wall and was worried they could fall off and hit one of her children if planted up.

Naturally I asked if I could have them if she didn't really want them. She was more than pleased for me to take them home with me after my visit. So I set about removing the earth in them and then she helped me get them off the wall. It did give me a chance to see that the brick wall they were hanging on was in a bad state of repair and really needs rebuilding or replacing. This is a boundary wall and she needs to check her deeds to see who it belongs to. I believe she'll find it's the neighbour behind the wall as the wall runs behind both her neighbours either side of her and further on. Either way removing the pots was probably a good idea along with speaking to the neighbour.


The pot on the left came off the wall easily but the one on the right we had to fight with as the screws holding it on were too big for the holes, so we landed up removing the screws along with the pot!


Once back home, Paul put them up below Neptune on the back wall of the house between the two sets of French doors.


A trip to the local garden centre and they are now planted up with some colour which will hopefully last until the frosts arrive in a few months.

So It's always worth asking that question, you never know the answer could be yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment